Tagged by Dev. When I first sat down to write this, it took me ages to think of them all. Of course after I went to bed I thought of at least half a dozen more, and then since then...well lets just say I could have written quite a lot more! So these are the things that annoyed me a couple of days ago.
1. Those little bits of skin or nail that grow on your finger. I had one that I pulled off about 10 hours ago. In the last hour or so my finger has started throbbing and gone red. Amazing how much it hurts!
2. Noisy train carriages - don't you know I am trying to read people!!
3. Reading a series of books out of order - hate it, hate it, hate it!
4. Being tired - by the time I work full time, be a single mum and try to have a life, I am pretty much always tired.
5. Being overweight - but feeling too tired most of the time to do anything about it. Can anyone say "vicious circle"?
6. Office politics - man, I can't start it when the drama starts building and everyone is bitching about such small, inconsequential things.
7. Narrow minded and obnoxious people - especially in web forums and the like. Isn't it amazing how often those things go together.
8. One sided friendships - When I lived in the UK I made some quite close friends. When I ring them every six months or so, they are always delighted to hear from me, and inevitably say something along the lines of "Why don't you ring more often?". Leaves me wondering what's up with their dialling fingers that they can't ever ring me! Of course, there are others that are the same here as well.
9. Late trains - normally I don't mind having to rely on public transport, but if the trains are all running on time, there is literally a minute's changeover between when one arrives and the other leaves. Really annoying when you pull into the station just in time to see the connection leave!
11. Shopping - that's right...I don't like going shopping. Doesn't matter what kind of shopping it is...clothes, groceries. Only exception would be book shopping and I am not even doing that at the moment!
12. Grey hair - on my head that is...not so bad on other peoples head!
13. Being broke
14. Confrontation - I am really not good at it!
15. Corns on my little toe - it really hurts
16. Whiny people...oh wait..that's me!
17. Out of print books - Now I know that not all books can stay in print all the time, but why can't the ones that I want to get hold of always be available!
18. My mum - oh the stories I could tell....but I won't!
19. People who take steps to get out of paying child support - I work in payroll and there are always people who are trying to get out of paying the money they are supposed to pay for Child Support. Could be because I never see any of the money that I should get from the ex. Of course, when the amount he is supposed to pay is so insulting, it's not worth fighting for.
20. Weekday cooking - I love finding a recipe, buying all the ingredients, and then cooking something nice, but the Monday to Friday "what are we having for dinner" question is really, really annoying!