Monday, August 20, 2007
Blogging Without Obligation
Saw this at Bookies blog, but it originally started at http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233. For me personally this means it doesn't matter if I am behind in what I want to post!
Here's the original post!
After coming across what seemed to be the 4000th or so post on someone's blog starting with "I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile." I decided it is time to rethink what makes a good blog and the expectations that have come to be part of it. I am thinking that no one should utter those words again . . .and with that thought I give you Blogging Without Obligation.
If you feel the same way feel free to grab the logo, make a logo or whatever you would like to do!
I release all the logos, thoughts and words mentioned here about this concept into the public domain. Take the idea and run with it. . .or walk away. It is all good.
* Because you shouldn't have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill.
* Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine.
* Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing.
* Because sometimes less is more.
* Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog.
* Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone.
* Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be "bloggable".
* Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won't be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .