Dana is hosting the Chunkster Challenge this year.
- To qualify the book must be 450 pps regular type OR 750 pps large text.
- You must read FOUR chunksters (one each quarter), you OBVIOUSLY may read more
- The Challenge will run Jan 7th, 2008 - Dec 20th, 2008 (the only chunky thing occupying my mind over Christmas is ME! AND I am using my foresight remembering my inbox on Dec 31st/ Jan 1 of THIS year when all the challenges ended). BUT any chunkster started after Jan 1 qualifies.
- OH THERE WILL BE PRIZES - one a quarter. Prizes to be determined later ( so making the rules on the fly here, peeps). Think small and fun, not big and chunky.
- Sharing reviews mandatory, format still to be determined.
As I look at my TBR shelf, there are a load of books that I could nominate for this challenge. I am going to start with the following but may end up substituting other books later:
Wolf of the Plains by Conn Iggulden (560 pages)
Human Traces by Sebastian Faulks (618 pages)
A Place Beyond Courage by Elizabeth Chadwick (544 pages)
Shadowbrook by Beverly Swerling (512 pages)
I do so love big books!