After the success of the first week of Weekly Geeks, here is the background for this week's challenge:
The theme for Week 2 is something I borrowed (yes, she said it was ok!) from Darla at Books and Other Thoughts. She says in her sidebar that if she reviews a book that you’ve reviewed, you can email her and she’ll link to it in her review. I love this idea for three reasons.
1. As a blog reader, I like that I can have my review linked in someone else’s blog.
2. As a blog reader, I like that if I’m interested in a book Darla writes about, there will be other reviews linked at the bottom of the page, so I can get other viewpoints. You can see how this works here.
3. As a blog writer, when I review a book, I often remember that I read someone else’s review at some point, but whose? And when? With Darla’s method, people tell her about their reviews, and she can see what they had to say about a book that is still fresh in her mind.
And now, for a summarised version of this challenge. For a full version click here.
1. Decide if this is a policy that you would like to adopt, and let people know.
2. Visit other Weekly Geeks and give them links of books that you have reviewed that you have in common
3. Write about your experience
4. Keep reminding your readers about this new policy.
I have to admit that at first I thought that this was not for me, particularly seeing as there are hundreds of books reviews here on this blog now. However, then I thought about it a bit more and figured that it couldn't actually hurt going forward.
If you want to see an index for all the books that I have reviewed here, then just click on the Reading Adventures Index link at the top of the second column (or here to make life easier for now). The index is sorted alphabetically by author, so hopefully you might be able to find some of your favourites there.
Leave a comment, either on this post, or the actual review, and I will add your links to the bottom of my posts. Going forward I will try to remember to ask people to leave their links in the comments and then I will add them to my reviews.