Even though I didn't do so well on last week's WG task, I think I can do this one, although it does feel a little early to be starting doing best-of posts!
I’m not asking for any specific number of favorite books, because some people don’t read many brand new books. If you’ve only read two 2008 books this year and hated one of them, then just mention the one you liked. Please limit your list to 10 books, though, if you read a lot of new books. You don’t have to put them in any certain order, either.
1. Compile your list of favorites. Please be sure that books you choose actually were published in 2008, or at the very earliest in the winter holiday season of 2007. Sometimes books that come out then are left out.
2. Come back and sign Mr Linky with the url to your top books of 2008 post.
3. If you happen to see any non-WG bloggers making similar lists, please grab the url and come put it in Mr Linky for them. Let them know you’re doing that, please, in case they have some sort of objection; if they do, they can ask me to remove their link. I’ve already seen a couple favorites of 2008 posts, which is another reason I wanted to get started early.
4. Feel free to make changes to your list if you read something new in the next few weeks. After about October 25, I can’t guarantee your changes will be reflected in the master list. We’ll probably start compiling lists around then.
5. Please consider whether you’d like to help me compile lists.
So far this year I have read 29 books that have been published this year. There are six stand out books so far, and then quite a few honourable mentions. It will be hard to limit those honourable mentions but we will see how we go!
The six standout books are:
The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
Delicious by Sherry Thomas
Let Sleeping Rogues Lie by Sabrina Jeffries
The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn
The honourable mentions are:
Mistress of the Revolution by Catherine Delors
Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas
The Romanov Bride by Robert Alexander
Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong
I am surprised that there were that many reviews to link to. Whilst I am not in a reading slump, I am definitely in a reviewing slump. I've lost my reviewing mojo! Oh no.