Some time ago Michele from A Reader's Respite tagged me to do a post about 6 things about myself. I started the post, and have been thinking about what I might possibly say as my six things, but never quite got around to actually finishing deciding what they were or posting my list.
Now, my tendency to procrastinate has got me in trouble, because now I have been tagged by Ana (and I think someone else) to do the Six or Seven Random Things About Myself meme that is going around!
How did it grow by a further item? I am not going to ignore it this time, because next time it might be 8 random things I have to think of!
1. I can touch my nose with the tip of my tongue and I can curl my tongue. This is as close as I get to having a party trick. Good job I don't go to parties very often!
2. Like Ana, I hate being photographed and avoid it whereever possible. I think part of it is that when I look at a photo I see myself how other people see me and not how I think I look when I look in the mirror.
3. I think I was probably a bit mean today. My son has a friend over to stay. He has been a few times, but the first time he came I posted about it here. He just about drove me crazy. Tonight, I served him up the same pasta he wouldn't eat last time, and guess what...he's eating it! Guess if you are hungry enough you will eat anything!
Uh-oh. Might have got a bit excited here, he has eaten a bit, but not nearly enough.
4. My computer monitor really doesn't like the heat. If I am on it for too long it goes black and I then need to give it a rest for a while. It has always done this. The unfortunate thing is that we are coming into summer and we tend to have quite warm summers. It can be very irritating at times!
5. Every morning when I get up I spend at least an hour on the computer checking emails, some blogs and forums, and then I get ready for work. It is a habit that I really must break, but I don't think I can! Then when I get home from work, I spend even longer doing the same things, including trying to get my Bloglines feeds down to zero - something I am not always successful at.
6. I can not begin to express how much it bugs me when people park outside of the marked bays at the train station car park when there are still spaces left at the back. Once it is full, park where ever you can, but if there are still spaces, then use them and walk instead of being lazy!
7. I am currently in the middle of a reviewing slump. Notice that I didn't say reading slump, because I am definitely still motoring through the books, but I am struggling to sit down and write reviews for my books even if I have just finished them, or if I loved them. Hopefully this goes away soon, because I have a list a mile long of books that I need to review.
Now for who to tag: (Bwahahaha!)
We'll start with some reason commenters - Kim from Sophisticated Dorkiness,
Strlady from Sandy's Reading Journal, Kerrie from Mysteries in Paradise and Julia from Julia's Book Corner. I am also going to tag Jane, Natasha from Maw Books, Bonnie from Bon's Time Out.
Of course, if you feel inspired to do this meme yourself (and lets face it...why wouldn't you be! LOL!) then leave a comment with a link so I can find out a little about you too.