I have a dilemma today. Well, if I thought about it, I probably have more than one, but only one that I am going to blog about.
A few weeks ago I posted the blurb for the new Paullina Simons book which is due out in November and now we have our first glimpse of the cover. Even though I didn't adore her last book, I have really loved all the others, and so I am still prepared to blindly buy the book and devour it as quickly as I can. I also am very prepared to part with my hard earned cash to go to an author event when she comes to Australia during November. Not even something I have to think about, especially seeing as I had such a great time last time I met Paullina.
There are a couple of books that I am REALLY looking forward to getting this month. If I could only choose one (although I would seriously have to consider distancing myself from whoever had placed that restriction on me!) I would have to say that the book that I can not wait to get hold of is An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon.
Now, I am seriously excited by the prospect of meeting Diana Gabaldon for the first time ever when she comes out here as well. I have got groups of friends organised to go to both events, some of whom will be attending both events with me.
So, here's my dilemma. Paullina Simons has only got one appearance here in Melbourne, which will be on November 12 and I know all the details for that event. Diana Gabaldon will be in Melbourne for three days, starting from November 11. I only know the details for one event, which is a literary lunch which will cost $74, which as much as I want to see her is a little steep price wise.
My dilemma is this. Do I go ahead and buy tickets for Paullina Simons, and take the chance that there will be other events for Diana Gabaldon that we will all be able to go to, or do I not buy anything yet, and then maybe not ending up going to either thing.
What to do, what to do?