Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and me that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
Wasn't it fantastic to have Eva back for Library Loot last week?
This week I thought not only would I share my loot, but I also saw a meme on Readerbuzz a few weeks ago that I thought it might be fun to do as something a little bit different. You don't have to do it, only if you want to!
First though, here is my loot:
The Conquest by Elizabeth Chadwick - my quest to read my way through Elizabeth Chadwick's back list continues! I hope you got a chance to check out all the fun we had during Elizabeth Chadwick Week over at Historical Tapestry during the last week.
The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters - I have been meaning to try this author for ages. I do own another one of her books, but haven't read it yet.
Gale Force by Rachel Caine - the latest release in the Weather Warden series.
The Iron Hand of Mars by Lindsey Davis - My only reloot this week. This is the fourth book in the Marcus Didius Falco mystery series set in Ancient Rome.
Her Secret Fantasy by Gaelen Foley - The second book in the Spice trilogy.
Library Habits Meme:
(1) If you don’t frequent your local library, why not?
I think it is fair to say that most of us frequent the local, and in this case I am not talking about the pub!
(2) If you do visit the library, how often do you go?
I go to the library probably about twice a week.
(3) Do you have a favorite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves?
Usually when I do go to the library it is to pick up books that are being held for me so I tend to go straight for where the held books are shelved. I do like to just quickly browse the books that are on the end stands to see what is there.
(4) How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this?
Our maximum number of books that can be checked out is 60, and we can have up to 20 books on request at any one day. I tend to get very close to the check out limits quite regularly!
(5) How long are you allowed to have the books checked out?
If the book is a popular new release then we only have two weeks, but ordinarily four weeks.
(6) How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all?
Assuming that no one else has requested the book then you can renew your request a total of three times, meaning you can have a book out for up to 16 weeks before you absolutely HAVE to return it!
(7) What do you love best about your particular library?
I love that they tend to have just about every book that I want to borrow. Occasionally there is something that they don't have, but for the most part there are no complaints on my part!
(8) What is one thing you wish your library did differently?
Every now and again they only buy parts of series, so I would like to see that stop, and I wish that they were a little bit faster at exploring new ideas and technologies, for example time limited audio books. Come to think of it their audio book range is a little limited as well.
(9) Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch?
Always online. I can't tell you how many times a day I check out the library catalogue!
10) Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it?
Every now and again I check out a book on impulse, but generally because I am always so close to my check out limits I have to come home and add it to my list and then request it later.
Want to share your library loot this week? Please add your link to Mr Linky!